||[Aug. 26th, 2004|01:56 pm]
[An OOC Note:
As you will see, I like to work challenges into things that my muse would do every day -- as shown below, where this week's challenge is answered in the form of a letter to a friend.]
Recipent: Captain Elias Boday
Registry Number NCC-71142
It was so good to hear from you! Thank you for writing to me -- it brightened up my day. I'm sorry I couldn't respond to your letter sooner; I've had a lot on my hands, as you will see.
What has kept me busy in recent months? Well, since the end of the Dominion War, my specialty has become very much in demand. (No, I'm talking about counselling, Julian Bashir.) I've seen countless patients over the past few months, with everything from light depression to suicidal fantasies. And just recently I've begun training a cadet who would like to become a counsellor -- Cadet Celes Kahti, an enthusiastic Bajoran boy. (If the name sounds familiar, you're probably thinking of his sister, Ensign Celes Tal, who was lost in the Delta Quadrant several years ago with the Voyager.) So my work has been keeping me pretty busy.
And, of course, Julian and I went to Risa last month. That was a lot of fun. We ran into the ex-Grand Nagus -- that's a Ferengi monarch -- and his girlfriend, who have become permanent residents there. I saw some of Curzon and Jadzia's old friends there as well, including a woman named Arandis (away from whom I was forced to drag Dr. Bashir, due to the new craze of two-piece bathing suits on Risa).
Also, you requested that I fill in this questionnaire? (I'm not sure I see the point, but it seems like fun!)
1. Last Alcoholic Drink: Oooh -- probably that glass of spring wine that the Colonel insisted I try in Quark's last night. Would you believe that in all my nine lifetimes, I'd never had spring wine? I actually rather liked it.
2. Last Kiss: Julian, this morning as we both headed off to our respective jobs.
3. Last Good Cry: I cried for almost an hour when Nerys told me that the Destiny had been destroyed in the battle at Cardassia Prime. There were no survivors; the Jem'Hadar picked off the escape pods one by one. I lived on that ship for almost a year; I loved those people.
4. Last Book Read: Great Expectations, another of Jadzia's Dickens books.
Movie Holoprogram Seen: Julian and I visited that Spartan program last night. We lost -- as usual. He really should see a counsellor about these annihilation fantasies of his....
6. Last Cuss Word: I try not to swear; when I do, it's rather mild -- "Oh, Prophets!"
7. Last Food Eaten: Bolian apples and Terran peanut butter, something Julian said his mother always used to fix for him as a snack. It was surprisingly delicious.
8. Last Communication: Kahti called me a few moments ago to ask if the Colonel likes roses. I think the poor boy has a crush on her.
9. Last item bought: A pillowcase, from Garak. Rather mundane, I know....
10.Last Annoyance: My sonic shower broke down this morning, so I came to work smelling like Julian's socks. (Okay, it wasn't *quite* that bad....)
11.Last Disappointment: The Colonel can't come to Vic's tonight -- too many status reports. Though I think poor Kahti is more disappointed than I am.
12.Last Sleep: Last night.
Anyhow, it was good to hear from you, Elias. Drop by next time you're in the Bajoran sector. I'll treat you to a glass of spring wine and a plate of apples with peanut butter! :)
Lt. Junior Grade Ezri Tigan Dax
Federation Space Station Deep Space Nine